As a food producer you need to have complete confidence in your raw materials and suppliers. Raw material issues impact your reputation and can be damaging to your brand, leading to financial losses.
A supplier audit is a critical step in your Supplier Management Process and will help you to assure that all of your requirements and standards are being met.
When it comes to auditing there are many questions I come across as I work with food companies:
- When do you audit a supplier?
- Do you carry out an onsite or paper audit?
- What approval categories do you use?
- What’s involved in a supplier maintenance program?
- Do you need to audit a supplier post approval?
These are all great questions and are covered in my short training video on how to audit & approve suppliers.